Saturday, August 17, 2013

Shabby Chic Forever

I'm as much in love with Shabby Chic as I ever have been.  It is such a relaxing style that brings a nostalgic feeling to a space.
It always reminds me of visiting my friend's Nan for a cup of tea!


source

These  coffee pots were Nan's.  The milk glass was my Aunt Wanda's.  The soup toureen I've had forever. Bought somewhere on a road trip searching for treasures from the past.

I will love Shabby Chic forever.  
The soft, dreamy colors and the comfy lived-in feel.

I've always loved light colors in my surroundings. Add in the worn look of shabby chic and I'm sold.



When I was young, we had a basic couch and chair and we bought covers for every season!  I loved the blue and white for Winter and the orange and brown for Fall.  But white covers are even easier.  You just have to change your accessories to get a whole different look. It's like always having a blank slate to work with. White goes with everything, I love it to pieces.
source

Shabby chic doesn't have to be fussy. These next photos are from shabbychic.com. 


 Shabby chic can be clean and uncluttered.

I think these rooms definitely show a Belgian influence.


Lovely calm colors.  That's my style.  How about yours?



I also enjoy watching Barefoot Contessa.  It's so relaxing to watch her work.  She makes everything seem so easy.  Here is a link to one of her new recipes for Blueberry Bran Muffins.


Wheat bran, honey, Greek-style yogurt and of course the last of the fresh summer blueberries.  

Have a great day!
~Sheri


2 comments: